Many people seem to know that the word shalom means peace, but in Israel, this word is also used as a friendly greeting to say hello and goodbye. It is a versatile word that can mean many things.
Shalom comes from the root verb meaning:
This word carries such depth, I’m not sure I have ever come across any other word in my entire life that carries such a deep and beautiful meaning.
It has become my favorite word.
According to the Strong’s Concordance, the word shalom means:
completeness, wholeness, health, peace, safety, soundness, tranquility, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord.
Shalom comes from the root verb meaning:
to be complete, perfect, and full.
Isn't that beautiful?
If someone says shalom, shalom that means perfect peace. (a double blessing)
Jesus said:
Isn't that beautiful?
If someone says shalom, shalom that means perfect peace. (a double blessing)
Jesus said:
“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
John 10:10
Jesus said this in the context of sheep following their Shepherd. This is why Jesus came to earth. He came to give us shalom.
Often, when I pray for someone with some kind of sickness, trial, or anything that is not good, I pray for God’s shalom to be upon them.
I’m sure the Lord Jesus would have said shalom as a greeting to people when He walked this earth. That is such a precious thought to me because true shalom comes from Him!
With that said, I wish you shalom, shalom!

No comments:
Post a Comment